This is the guts of my propane pipe burner that's going into the Buffalo.
I drilled four 1/4 inch holes around the rim of a 1" pipe cap, drilled and tapped a hole for a 1/4" pipe nipple and drilled and tapped a 1/4" cap to fit a .045 MIG tip:
They fit together like so:
I cut slots in a 1" black iron pipe 4" from the end and every 1-1/2" thereafter:
I welded a cap on the far end and screwed the venturi onto the pipe. Then I connected a high-pressure regulator to a small propane tank and connected the pipe and tank with a 5' hose.
Now we're ready to test.
At low fire, it was looking good:
...but turning it up made it do this:
...And so we adjust...
Switched to a .035 tip:
Drilled two of the inlets a little bigger:
There we go.