Everyone here seems to love Photoshop. Post some of your tricks or tips here... I'll start
When cutting an image out and placing it over an existing image (like most of these chops), there is a neat little trick to make the shopped piece blend right the meep in to the background.
- Make sure the chop is on it's own layer.
- Select chop by either command clicking or control clicking - on it's layer yo
- Once it's got a marque around it (marching ants)...
- Select>Modify>Contract by 1 pixel
- Now, inverse the selction (Command+shift+I/Control+shift+I)
(this gets rid of that annoying meep around your chop, unless you cut it out perfectly, which is rare)
- Inverse the selection again (Command+shift+I/Control+shift+I)
- Go to Modify>Contract again, using 1 pixel for your setting
- Now, inverse again (Command+shift+I/Control+shift+I)
- Got to Gaussian Blur and set it for 1.0
Bam, your chop will now smoothly lay over your background. No more choppy meep pixels.